Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day trip to Austin Texas

Just like this Building, Took pic from car
This is a popular Burger Joint
We ate here and the Sushi was delish!

Hi Ladies hope you all had a great day! We decided to take a trip to Austin, These are some of the pictures that I got to take before it got dark. Sorry they aren't that great. I took them with my Iphone. The first Picture  was just a building that we drive by all the time. Austin is full of great quirky, cool buildings. The second Picture is a favorite burger joint. The third is a Japanese restaurant called Haiku.we've never seen it before and decided to give it a try. I am glad we did.We had Sushi 2 different kinds they were the Flaming Dragon  the other one was called Flying Tiger and they were both extremely good! I had chicken Yakisoba. Yum Yum. We drove around and I saw the Anthropologie  store on Lamar St. Oh, how I wanted to stop. But no, no, no.It looked so pretty and I wanted to get out and get me some shoes. Our store doesn't have shoes. Then we drove on Congress St.. That is the street where they took some of the Anthropologie pictures for one of their catalogs. I just don't know which one it was.  I love Austin. I wish I lived there. They have a great relaxed feel there. I love the people. All kinds of eateries. We close all our restaurants too early here in S. A. leaving us with only fast food choices. yuk! but Austin was still busy at 9:30 with all of their restaurants all busy and full of people eating and having fun. I would be so happy if I ever got to live there. We went shopping and I found some really nice books. I finally bought Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert and another book called The beauty of life by Kahlil Gibran. As you all know I am a treasure hunter. So I scored me some pretty cool stuff. I will take pictures and post them tomorrow. I didn't take a picture of my OODD. I was too busy eyeballing and having fun! But I wore the "Blue Bonnet" Dress by Odille. It's an Oldie from 2009 I believe. My friend Megan found it for me. Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful night. <3

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun day trip! One thing I really like about Portland is that there is good food available no matter what time it is or which part of town you are in. It sounds like Austin is the same way. I love sushi! I also love Eat, Pray, Love! I read it a few months ago and really enjoyed it. I'm sure you will too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Lucky, We have to go out and eat really early in the evening to eat. If not, it's garbage. Austin is a bussling city. ALL of the eateries were visibly open and all of the outdoor restaurants were still hectic at almost 10. On Congress St. San Antoniio is very Weird about closing the great ones a bit too early for my tastre. Im the type that likes to go out at 11 and like to find places to eat at. But Starbucks is it for coffee after midinght then the fast food junk. There are usually bars that stay open late. So! That's it. Your lucky in that sense. Let me know what the great eateries up thee are. I'm looking forward to reading the book :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gabby,
    I was running errands all day and finally got to stop by your blog. And I agree w. Kristin, I think you'll enjoy Eat, Pray, Love. And Khalil Gibran? Isn't he the famous poet? I love his work.
    and omg! sushi? I'm soooooooooooo jealous. I luuurrrve me some sushi. I've been to Austin a long time ago and it's such a neat city. I went there during my college years w. a good friend of mine. I'm glad you had a fun trip! I used to live near Chicago and loved swinging by Chi-town for day trips.
    oh, from the last post, a cheong sam is a traditional Chinese dress. We usually wear it on Chinese New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa, Yes, I am a big poetry person. The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam. And Yes, khalil Gibran is a poet. I purchased the book yesterday.The pages are absolutely breathtaking. I should take pictures and post them :) I am totally an Asian food lover, I tell people I had to have been Asian at one point in another life. If that is all there was left on the planet I would totally be a happy girl! And I get the Lurve! Lol...We use that word a lot at home. And when I say I LURVE you to someone they don't know what to say :/ Oh wow, I bet that dress must be really special. Your lucky to have your mother. How sweet, What a great tradition too.

    ReplyDelete